That’s how I feel at the moment (can you tell I have been listening to a lot of Bruce Springsteen). I am totally buggering everything up. I can’t seem to make a right decision or do the right thing. I feel like I should have a sign on my forehead, handle with care, highly explosive! Argh… I could focus on the relationship breakdowns, pain in the arse emails, texts, etc etc culminating in my actually going to a shrink! Well it was only a matter of time really. I guess at some point you have to say to yourself. SEEK HELP. I’m actually laughing now…I am trying to focus on the positive things that are happening I guess finally realising that I need to get stuff off my chest is a good thing. The trouble with a marriage breakdown, is your friends (especially the married ones) don’t really want to know and the unmarried ones don’t really understand. So I guess the best thing to do is find a complete stranger and pay him/her to listen to you bang on….I have my first date this week! Oh dear maybe should have booked a therapy session before going out! Oh well too late now.. That’s a good thing? I think? Best not to think too deeply about that! I have been nominated for a blogging award, no chance after they read this post. My kids are ridiculously happy and seem to be doing really well at school. All good.
During the week my friend Skyped me from the States and after telling her I think I have lost my cooking mojo. She sent me some recipes and generally kicked me in the backside! Fabulous recipes, I cooked one of them. It’s called Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake. Its lots of eggs, separated, cream cheese, milk and a bit of flour…cooked in a bain marie, or in my case I just shoved a big pan of water into the bottom of the oven. It comes out light and fluffy, like a cushion of eggy, cheesy loveliness…I also cooked burgers and chips for the kids…no horse meat I promise…
Right I shall leave you now before I get myself into trouble again.
Have a better week then I am.
Love Rachelle x
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
Make this, be happy…
- 140g fine granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 150g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 100ml fresh milk
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 60g flour
- 20g cornflour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).
- Makes 1 (8-inch) cheesecake, 12 servings.