Saturday afternoon, the kids are at home, I am trying not to open a bottle of wine at 3pm…It’s been a pretty stressful week, the whole divorce thing has gotten a little on top of me. No regrets, just the dawning realisation that I am about to go into battle, no matter how much I want to avoid it. I am on a path that, to say the least is rocky and despite my best efforts no amount of baking is going to negate the trauma.
So Saturday afternoon I get a tweet from lovely Katie who is a wonderful kindred spirit with her blog Notes From the Farm Gate. She has nominated me for an award. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. Liebster is German Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
It really made my day.
Here are the rules:
- A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions.
- The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination.
- The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them.
- They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them.
- This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way.
- After watching Greystoke, the one with Christophe Lambert. I spent the entire weekend being an ape! My father nearly had me sectioned!
- I was quite old when I discovered that the world was not black and white until the 1920’s. My father was a film buff and imparted the knowledge that colour was invented (for movies obviously) in the 20’s. I took him literally.
- I am rubbish at dating. Really I am, never really did it only had a few boyfriends and I am terrified about having to ‘go back out there’.
- I was bulimic until my early 20’s. I have no idea what triggered it, but finally woke up one day and thought “what am I doing?” Then stopped.
- I enjoy cleaning. Not in an OCD way, I just find it really relaxing.
- Most mornings the kids and I play a song really loudly and dance around the living room. This morning we rocked out to Bruce Springsteen “Maria’s Bed”.
- I love not being married. I will never get married again.
- I am more than slightly obsessed with fairy lights and glitter. I have to check myself so I don’t end up living in a place resembling a Las Vegas strip show!
- There are two people in my life that I trust totally and if I am down, or upset they make me laugh within seconds. I would do anything for them.
- I love baking cakes, cookies, sweet things. I dont like eating them.
- I love or hate, there is no grey area with me.
- Why do you blog? I started blogging when I left my husband. You might call it therapy, I think it is more than that. I realised that no one was going to rescue me from the mess that I was in except myself. I spent a weekend (the last one that my ex had the kids overnight) and taught myself how to create a Word Press site and started writing. Its still a massive learning curve and I am not there yet, but give me another year……
- If you could change one thing about your personality what would it be? To be more able to ask for help. I’m not very good at being vulnerable.
- Favourite childhood TV programme? I have no idea…Uhh I guess the A Team.
- If you could be any actor, musician or pop star in history who would it be and why? Katherine Hepburn. I would love to look like her, I think she was an amazing talented woman and lived an incredible life.
- Marmite? Yes
- What is the most romantic thing that has ever happened to you? Oh dear, this is tricky. Ok I am not being dramatic, I honestly don’t think I have ever had a romantic moment. Romance has never really entered my life.
- What is the one thing you have to have done before you die that would make you feel like you have really lived? Love someone who loves me back
- What is the meaning of life? Happiness, Love, Trust, Friendship,
- Weirest/scariest/best dream you have ever had? I don’t dream so much now but a few years ago, I had dreams that came straight out of Hollywood. The scariest dream I had was about the tooth monster, he was this giant green terrifying creature who pulled peoples teeth out. I dreamt I had something stuck in my tooth, then realised it was my gums melting and he was pulling my teeth out of my head…I woke up sitting up in bed like someone was pulling me…
- Night out or night in? OUT I am a single mum of three are you kidding me…..OUT totally x
- What is your most trusted/best recipe that you would pass on to your children’s children? My fathers spaghetti sauce recipe. We had it every Saturday. He would put it on at lunch time and it would still be cooking at 5pm.
And here are the questions I ask of my nominees:
- What is your biggest regret?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How do you define success?
- How much money is enough?
- What is the happiest moment in your life?
- What do you do when you don’t know what to do?
- Who would you most like to cook dinner for and what would you cook?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- Snow or sunshine?
- What is your death row meal?
- Who is the one person that you would like to meet and why?
Good luck everyone.